Introduction to the Smart Grid Monitoring Project
To come soon.
Journal articles and peer-reviewed archived conference proceeding papers
- Ian Goetting, Elisabeth Baseman, Huiping Cao: Causal Relationships amongst Sensors in the Trinity Supercomputer: work in progress. In Proceedings of the First Workshop on Machine Learning for Computing Systems. Co-located with The 27th International Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC’18).
[PDF] [PDF file in ACM library]
- Sukumar Brahma, Rajesh Kavasseri, Huiping Cao, Nilanjan Ray Chaudhuri, Theodoros Alexopoulos, and Yinan Cui:
Real Time Identification of Dynamic Events in Power Systems using PMU data, and Potential Applications – Models, Promises, and Challenges.
In IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Volume: 32, Issue: 1, 2017. Pages 294 – 301. [PDF] [http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2016.2590961
- Milan Biswal, Yifan Hao, Phillip Chen, Sukumar Brahma, Huiping Cao, and Phillip DeLeon:
Signal Features for Classification of Power System Disturbances using PMU Data.
In Proc. of 19th Power Systems Computation Conference (PSCC), 20-24 June 2016, Genoa, Italy. (Acceptance rate: N.A.) [http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/PSCC.2016.7540867]
- Phani Harsha Gadde, Milan Biswal, Sukumar Brahma, and Huiping Cao:
Efficient Compression of PMU Data in WAMS.
In IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. 7(5): 2406 – 2413, 2016. [Local PDF][http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2016.2536718]
- Milan Biswal, Sukumar Brahma, and Huiping Cao:
Supervisory Protection and Automated Event Diagnosis using PMU Data.
In IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 31 (4), pages 1855-1863 (2016).[Local PDF][http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2016.2520958]
- Michael Brown, Milan Biswal, Sukumar Brahma, Satish J Ranade, and Huiping Cao:
Characterizing and Quantifying Noise in PMU data.
In Proc. IEEE PES General Meeting, 17-21 July 2016, Boston. (Acceptance rate: N.A.) [Local PDF][https://doi.org/10.1109/PESGM.2016.7741972]
- Om P. Dahal, Huiping Cao, Sukumar M. Brahma:
Evaluating Performance of Classifiers for Supervisory Protection using Disturbance Data from Phasor Measurement Units.
In IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference Europe (ISGT-Europe),2014: 1-6. Oct. 12-15, 2014. (Acceptance rate: N.A.)
- Om P. Dahal, Sukumar M. Brahma, Huiping Cao:
Comprehensive Clustering of Disturbance Events Recorded by Phasor Measurement Units.
In IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Volume: 29 (3): 1390 – 1397, June 2014.
Posters and non-archived conference papers
- Brett Pelkey, Stefan Ceballos, Milan Biswal, Huiping Cao, Sukumar Brahma: Phasor Measure- ment Unit Monitoring Tool, 17th Joint UTEP/NMSU Workshop on Mathematics, Computer Science, and Computational Sciences, El Paso, Texas, November 7, 2015. [http://www.cs.utep.edu/vladik/utepnmsu15.html]
People involved in this project
- Dr. Sukumar Brahma, Electrical and Computer Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org, faculty collaborator
- Dr. Milan Biswal, Postdoctoral researcher (finished in May 2016)
- Mr. Yifan Hao, Computer Science, PhD candidate
- Mr. Stefan Ceballos, Computer Scinece, undergraduate student (graduated in December 2017)
- Mr. Brett Pelkey, Computer Science, undergraduate student (graduated in May 2017)
This work has been supported by NSF# 1345232.